Champions Battle 2018: Caroline Wozniacki & Venus Williams present in Telia Parken - and at Copenhagen Marriott Hotel
It was a big day for the 12-year old Caroline Wozniacki when she back in 2002 got the chance of meeting her tennis idol Venus Williams, who led the women's tennis world rankings. Now the historical day repeats itself when the Australian Open 2018 winner, Caroline Wozniacki meets the American tennis legend Venus Williams in Telia Parken. Copenhagen Marriott Hotel has the pleasure of hosting the super stars during Champions Battle as well as hosting the official press meeting - and it's not a coinsidence!
When the two tennis stars Caroline Wozniacki and Venus Williams - who have met each other several times in WTA context but for the first time are playing an exhibition match in Denmark - both are checking in at Copenhagen Marriott hotel at Kalvebod Brygge where also the official press meeting will take place on the 29th of April, it is definitely not a coinsidence.
The hotel also hosted Venus Williams back in 2002 in the luxury suite when she then played an exhibition match against the slovakian Daniela Hantuchova in Copenhagen. When the five-star hotel is welcoming the tennis stars in the end of April, they will i.a. be staying in the new refurbished suite 'The Royal Suite'.
The Royal Suite is newly refurbished for 4.5 million Danish crowns. Featuring handpicked interiors and custom furniture, the 170 sq.m. Royal Suite combines international luxury with the elegant lightness of Nordic design traditions. The Royal Suite feels like a luxurious penthouse apartment with an impressive city view from panoramic windows. The Royal Suite consists of a social and a private section. The social section is comprised by a lounge area, a dining and meeting area as well as an open kitchen. The private section features a master bedroom, the grand bathroom with spa-like amenities, and a walk-in closet.
The hotel has always attracted various international stars, politicians and royals who appreciate a very high level of service and the at times subdued luxury that caraterises the Marriott brand.
"We have been looking forward to offering our many international VIP guests an exceptional accomodation opportunity in the Royal Suite and it's of course fantastic to also welcoming the two tennis legends. It's a great continuation of the history that we can welcome both Caroline Wozniacki and Venus Williams at Copenhagen Marriott and secure them five-star accommodation, caracterising the hotel, for both of them to be well prepared for the exhibition match."
- Morten Jensen, Group Marketing Director, BC Hospitality Group
At f.reklame, the organiser of Champions Battle 2018, they are pleased to have Copenhagen Marriott as 'Official Hotel Partner' again:
"We are very pleased to have Copenhagen Marriott Hotel as our Official Hotel Partner again. It's very important for us to make sure that both Caroline and Venus are accommodated with the highest standard and that they get an amazing experience while in Copenhagen for our event. We are very much looking forward to welcoming them."
- Mads H. Frederiksen, CEO, f.reklame
BC Hospitality Group, one of Denmark's biggest hospitality businesses running i.a. AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen, Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers and Copenhagen Marriott, is alredy involved in various sports initiatives and events. AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen is the Official Hotel Partner of KMD Copenhagen Ironman 2018 for the fifth consecutive year, while Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers, which with its ideal location near the multifunctional venue 'Royal Arena' latest was hosting a great part of the participants of EuroSwim 2017 in December. The same hotel is already fully booked for the Ischockey World Championships taking place in May 2018. About the engagement of the Group in great sports events in Copenhagen, Morten Jensen adds:
"We see a great potential in national as well as international sports events. They attract the tourists interested in sport and that's something we see at the bottom line - both for us in the hotel industry and for the rest of the Copenhagen business. The estimated turnover in Copenhagen for KMD Ironman is more than 50 million Danish crowns and that's great for the growth of the city. Sport brings people together - and our business is to gather people hence we are continuing the interesting collaborations in the area of sport."
- Morten Jensen, Group Marketing Director, BC Hospitality Group
● ● ●
About Copenhagen Marriott Hotel
- Copenhagen Marriott Hotel is located at Kalvebod Brygge, opened in 2001 and has 406 rooms
- The hotel is Denmark's biggest 5-star hotel and the capital's 9th biggest hotel
- Indicative price for a night in the newly refurbished Royal Suite is DKK 35,000 kr. per night
- Annually the hotel has apprx. 200,000 overnight guests and besides this many thousands of meeting and conference attendees
- Copenhagen Marriott Hotel has since its opening in September 2001 been host for numerous VIP guests, also in the suite - here the former American Ministres of Foreign Affairs Hillary Clinton and John Kerry, a gerat number of international artists, Crown Prince of Japan Naruhito and many more can be mentioned
- Since BC Hospitality Group in the beginning of 2015 took over the Copenhagen Marriott Hotel, the Group has invested nearly 30 million Danish crowns renovating and upgrading the hotel. Besides the refurbishment of the rooms nearly 3 million Danish Crowns has been spent on upgrading the hotel's fitness center, 8 million Danish crowns for a new Executive Lounge and latest 4.5 million Danish crowns for the Royal Suite - with more in the pipeline
Read more about Royal Suite on royalsuite.dk and about the hotel on Copenhagenmarriott.dk and bchg.dk
Champions Battle 2018 press accreditation
The press meeting takes place at Copenhagen Marriott Hotel on Sunday the 29th of April at 2pm (time TBC).
Press registration at f-reklame.dk
Læs mere om og følg Champions Battle eventen på Facebook, Instagram @freklame, LinkedIn og www.f-reklame.dk #championsbattle2018 / #CB18 / #CaroVenus
For more information
Copenhagen Marriott Hotel
BC Hospitality Group, Group Marketing Director, Morten Jensen, email@example.com, +45 50604500
BC Hospitality Group, Press, Anne Marie Barsoe, firstname.lastname@example.org, +45 81884843
Champions Battle 2018 / Press
f.reklame, CEO, Mads H. Frederiksen, email@example.com, +45 28340724